Now that my Toronto transit map contains many of the features I envisioned when creating its predecessor, it’s time to think of new features I would like to add. What follows are whatever features I can think of. Most of these are pretty zany, involving tedious work, but who said a feature request list had to be realistic?
- GO Train stations and addresses.
- Link generation for a search result so that searches can be bookmarked.
- Optional rendering of station names and info on a separate layer.
- Listing of adjoining surface routes for each station, with link to the schedule for that route.
- Surface routes, subway and train lines on their own layer along with the option to select which layers are displayed.
- Clickable bus and street car line markers which bring up the TTC web page for that line.
- Clickable bus and street car stops which link to the corresponding page on the TTC website.
- Rendering of station entrances.
Of these features, the first five seem to me to be a good combination of usefulness and feasibility. The other three require either large amounts of time and/or the usage of a GPS receiver.
Which features would you like to see?